Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Secret Santa?

Ugh. What a pain in my assets.


So here I am, a lowly grad student-intern, agreeing to a corporate event with full-time NPR website developers who make 10x the amount I do. What the hell was I thinking.


Now where does the Internet come into play? Well, as the Secret Santa game goes, you know who you're buying a gift for, but you're unawares as to who's getting you a present. The price apex was $25 - I'm sure they lowered it from $300 because of me...yeah, they're nice.

I pick a random name from a hat - well, not a hat, more like a Halloween container - and the dude I pick, we're not exactly close. Not enemies mind you; just not chums. I have no idea who he is or what he likes......until, I started stalking him on the Internet!


Amazingly, though, the guy's Facebook profile is barren; his LinkedIn profile is vacant; his blog is no help; his Twitter account is dry as a bone, and...you get the point. So even though this guys is plugged and dialed into social networking...he doesn't exactly spread his wings like yours truly. One look at my Facebook page and you know my likes, dislikes, and turn-ons.

So, you're wondering...what did the E-man get his Secret...guy...?

Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment