Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Read this...or not.

While there is no question that I enjoy signing on to Facebook for its array of news feeds - like whether my beloved Celtics are having a season or not - and checking a host of Blogspots for free music links to the latest metal albums, I simply cannot get on board with the sheer and unadulterated vanity that accompanies blogs and other social networks.

I can understand if someone is using a blog as a source of writing practice and criticism, or as a way to post important news content, but the truth is that the majority of Facebook feeds and blog posts are excerpts of self-indulgent "listen-to-me" masturbation. Just like what you're reading now.

I'd post more, but then I'd be practicing what I preach (against).

(Can you tell that I've been having a bad day? Yes? Well, there you have it - digital depression!)

No comments:

Post a Comment