Friday, October 28, 2011

"Facebook? No, thanks."

How many people do you know that aren't on Facebook? Or rather, how many people do you not know that are on Facebook?

Wait. No, go with the first one.

Not many I'd wager. I've got a few friends who are simply opposed to the idea of belonging to the Facebook community, and for all it's worth, their reasoning for not joining is as secretive as it is sucky, and well, non-existent.

Our conversations tend to go something like this:

Me: "So, you gonna join Facebook anytime soon?

Them: (snicker) "Uh, no."

"Why not?"

"Cause Facebook is lame."

"How is Facebook lame? You've never tried it. Come on, you signed up for MySpace..."

"Yeah, and how often do I check that?"

"They're completely different."

"I don't know. I mean, why would I want to join in the first place? To pretend I'm friends with people I've talked to once or not at all?"

"You don't HAVE to be friends with anyone. Just reject their freind request."

"Yeah, and then I'd feel bad."

"So, accept their friend request and then put them on hide. That's what I do. It works like a charm. No harm, no foul."

"Fuck that. Too much of a hassle."

"Whatever."

No comments:

Post a Comment